Sunflower Home Health is proud to announce that the 5-star rating earned this year places Sunflower Home Health’s in the top 5.5% of all agencies nationwide.
See below how this star rating is being calculated:
CMS established the Home Health Compare (HHC) website on Medicare.gov as a key tool for consumers to use when choosing a home health care provider. It is designed to be an easy-to-access, convenient source of authoritative information on provider quality.
The current methodology for calculating and reporting the star ratings incorporates a number of changes based on input received from stakeholders as well as ongoing data analysis.
Which measures are included? – The initial Quality of Patient Care Star Rating methodology included 8 of the 18 currently reported process and outcome quality measures. These measures were chosen based on the following criteria:
- The measure should apply to a substantial proportion of home health patients and have sufficient data to report for a majority of home health agencies.
- The measure should show a reasonable amount of variation among home health agencies and it should be possible for a home health agency to show improvement in performance.
- The measure should have high face validity and clinical relevance.
- The measure should be stable and not show substantial random variation over time.
The 8 measures selected based on these criteria are:
1. Timely Initiation of Care
2. Drug Education on all Medications Provided to Patient/Caregiver
3. Improvement in Ambulation
4. Improvement in Bed Transferring
5. Improvement in Bathing
6. Improvement in Pain Interfering With Activity
7. Improvement in Shortness of Breath
8. Acute Care Hospitalization