Home Care Physical Therapy
Are you looking for a reliable physical therapy professionals in the Mississippi delta area? Sunflower Home Health has been providing effective physical therapy solutions to a range of customers in the area for years. It is our mission to provide services that are able to meet a range of our patients’ needs as well as improve their overall physical functionality and independence. Take a look at some of the major aims and goals that we have with respect to our physical therapy programs:
- Introducing some of the major therapeutic techniques employed by Sunflower Home Health to the patient
- Making sure that both the patient and the caregivers are fully cooperative and knowledgeable regarding all of the physical therapy methods used by our team
- Taking the necessary steps to ensure gradual progress with respect to the patient’s original condition, improving the overall quality of life
How We Implement Our Physical Therapy Sessions
One of the first steps that our team at Sunflower Home Health takes when starting a new physical therapy home treatment program is to provide detailed instructions and explanations for our new patient. We then take our time to provide a home safety assessment which is intended to familiarize our patient with some of the basic requirements of the home of a patient undergoing physical therapy. Following these basic steps, our physical therapist will provide a full assessment of the pain experienced by the patient, as well all neuromuscular issues that they might be having. This will allow us with the patient to design a customized treatment plan as well as provide instructions regarding potential training and functional mobility exercises.
While these steps form the backbone of our physical therapy sessions, we use a range of other methods and techniques to make sure that our patients make speedy progress on their path to recovery. For instance, we also explore other treatment options like transcutaneous electric nerve stimulation (TENS) techniques, ultrasound techniques, as well as neuromuscular stimulators. Many of these techniques have proven to be effective as mechanisms for controlling pain and sometimes even for the purpose of neuromuscular re-education. In addition to these techniques, our team also employs a range of other types of equipment such as the intermittent pressure pump, different types of prosthetic devices, as well as cervical and lumbar traction equipment. We are also happy to treat pediatric patients with specially designed methods.
Skilled and Effective Home Care Physical Therapy
Having physical therapy performed can sometimes be a strenuous and difficult experience, which is why our team at Sunflower Home Health is committed to delivering a service that is fully tailored to each of our patients’ needs. If you are interested in finding out more about the range of services that we offer or you would like to receive a free consultation regarding your own physical therapy needs, feel free to contact us for more information. Contact us at your convenience at 888-965-9088 today and we would be happy to offer an overview of how we could work with you to help restore health in your body.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will my insurance cover home health physical therapy services?
Home Health services can be covered under Medicare and Medicaid for eligible beneficiaries. Services may also be covered by most HMOs, PPOs, private payment, worker’s compensation, veterans’ benefits, and other private insurance plans. Sunflower Home Health will verify insurance coverage and explain a patient’s benefits prior to services being rendered.
Medicare patients must meet the following coverage requirements:
- Under the care of a physician and be receiving services under a plan of care established and reviewed regularly by the physician.
- Must need, and certified by a physician, at least one or more of the following services:
- Intermittent skilled nursing care
- Physical therapy, speech-language pathology, or continued occupational therapy services
- The home health agency caring for you must be Medicare-certified and Sunflower Home Health is a Medicare-certified agency.
- Meet the Medicare homebound criteria, and a doctor must certify as to the patient being homebound. (Homebound criteria does not mean you are bed-bound. A patient may leave the home for short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons such as attending religious services, barber/beauty shop appointments and you may still attend adult day care.)
2. Are your therapists licensed?
All therapist are licensed by their applicable state licensure agency or board.
3. What if I need home care services for only a short time?
The initial assessment conducted by a registered nurse will determine among other things the disciplines required by the patient as well as the number of visits by discipline. Other than limitations imposed by insurance payer sources, there is not a minimum or maximum number of visits or period in which services are provided as long as the patient meets homebound status, continues to be under the care of a physician, and the requirements of medical necessity are met.
4. How can I know that the person coming into my home is trustworthy?
Every member of your Sunflower Home Health interdisciplinary team (nurses, therapists, home health aides, social workers and others) is a highly trained, trustworthy, and professional. Sunflower Home Health is required and accordingly conducts fingerprinting and background checks for all employees through the Mississippi State Department of Health. This is a comprehensive check of local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.